Near Curemonte, classified "Most beautiful villages of France", Arnac castle dates from the 15th century. From the XVIIth century until the Revolution, it belonged to the family of the Counts of Ferrieres. Then Marshal Ney stayed there after the battle of Waterloo. His room on the first floor, like all those upstairs, is decorated with beautiful woodwork of the eighteenth century.
Arnac was acquired around 1930 by a Scottish couple, Diarmid Campbell-Johnston, who made extensive restorations including the rebuilding of the Gatehouse and the creation of a large terrace above the entrance courtyard. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor were their guests on several occasions.
During the Second World War, the castle was used by the French Resistance to welcome fugitives, especially airmen.
The current owners buy it in 2003 and open for rent Gatehouse cottages, in the park of the castle and that of Noyers, located in the village of Curemonte.