Located in the heart of the Argoet, in the Pourleth country, Coscro Castle is a classic country house built in the 17th century on the site of an older mansion and nestled within a wide casting of the Scorff (Natura 2000 site).
Louis Lantivy of the Coscro, parliamentary breton, was the sponsor of the current buildings built between 1625 and 1640.
The overall plan of the property, beginning 17th century with a large garden terrace, is limited to two graceful pavilions connected by a moat and beautiful alleys creating prospects in nature.
The main building built in large equipment, present a central stem topped with a roof to imperial which houses a staircase in granite, says "open cage" adorned with solid balusters Louis XIII.
The Castle welcomes you in its green setting: a fleet of 16ha, of which 8 woodlot, and its classical garden, restoration of the original garden of the seventeenth century, performed after an archaeological work and ethnobotannique on the ground.
The Park includes also 2 small orchards, a vegetable garden, a pond, a pond, a fountain...
Gardens and Park are on the HD title
History and famous characters
We know the written history of the castle of the Coscro since 1394.
Louis de Lantivy was born in the Coscro 21 January 1601.
His father provided a sum of 3000 books to make its universities and Academies in Paris. After his studies, he returned to Britain in 1621 and decides to transform his old mansion into a residence in the fashion of his time, first French classical period.
Louis Lantivy, Knight, Lord of the Coscro was received advising the Parliament of Brittany, on August 22, 1625.
The current construction dates from the first half of the seventeenth century ( [xxxxxxx] ).
The 17th and the 18th century his son, Louis François de Lantivy ( [xxxxxxx] ) is received at the Parliament of Brittany on August 10, 1655. He made a rich marriage with Florimonde de Keradreux, Baroness of Rostrenen. He continued development of the Coscro.
The son of Louis François de Lantivy, Claude François de Lantivy [xxxxxxx] , Lord and said County of Coscro, Baron of Rostrenen, is received at the Parliament of Brittany on 1 October 1683.
Lantivy John, son of Claude François de Lantivy, died at 27 years old without offspring in 1706. Florimonde Renee their daughter was the last direct heir of the Lantivy.
Julien Louis de Lantivy succeeded in title at the death of his brother and his nephews, nicknamed Coscro County the "Knight of the Coscro". Later, pushed by his spirit of adventure he took part in the conspiracy of bridge Callec against the Regent of France, sentenced to death for the crime of Lese Majesty and felony, he took refuge in Spain. He was sentenced in absentia and all his property was confiscated for the benefit of his niece Lantivy Florimonde, Marquise de Plessis Bellière. After his death in 1748 his daughter innocent Luce of red, Marquise de Plessis Bellière married in second marriage to his Highness Emmanuel Maurice, Prince of Lorraine and living in Paris decides to sell the Coscro in 1749.
In 1749 the Kerven Mauduit will be the Coscro.
In 1793 a portion of the property is sold as national property to Mr Pope.
The Coscro is shared between two families until 1890, when it was bought by Mr. and Mrs. Dupont de Villeneuve that reunify the property and transformed the garden abandoned for 100 years in agricultural field.
After 1945 the Coscro turned into farm.
Since 1984 Sir and Madam Piquet cling to its restoration.
My castle is visitable
The castle of the Coscro welcomes you in its green setting: a fleet of 16 Ha including 8 Woods and its garden classic restoration of the original garden in the 17th century after a field archeological and Ethnobotanical work.
There are also 2 small orchards, a vegetable garden, a pond, a pond, a fountain in the Park.
One-off activities are provided by the gardener of the domain on the themes of gardening (size and grafting of fruit trees, protection of the orchard, animations around the garden leads according to organic methods...) and on the discovery of nature) recognition of the plants on the site and their various uses, discovered birds, insects...).
A pedagogical maze open to schools and the general public was put in place in spring 2013.
Opening: - July-August, every afternoon from 14 to 18. - May - June and September-October, Wednesday from 16:00 to 18:00.
Rates of the visit of the Chateau and the gardens of the Coscro: normal fare: €5 youth fare: €3 (16-18 years)