Château de Courances

91490, Courances
  • Visitable

Introduction

It is undoubtedly Claude Gallard who makes build a castle of plan "in H" raised on a quadrangular platform surrounded by moat, known by engravings of Israel Henriet and Israel Sylvestre (towards 1650).

In 1872 the Berlin banker and Baron Samuel de Haber bought the castle and began the restoration of the castle in Louis XIII style.

The interior staircase shaped horseshoe is demolished and monumental degrees inspired by that of the castle of Fontainebleau are plated on each facade.

The park, considered one of the most beautiful in France, was started in the 16th century by the Clausse and completed by the Gallard in the middle of the 17th century. You will find an avenue of honor between two canals and the great perspective in the axis of the castle, with its canals and ponds including a long channel of 248 toises, "tablecloths" and a "bathroom" and a mirror to water.

In 1870 Destailleur transformed the park into an English park. The Marquise Jean de Ganay, has restored the horseshoe basin and the fountain of Aréthuse, surmounted by a marble nymph sculpted in 1711 by Claude Poirier for the park Marly (the statue is acquired in 2005 by the Louvre Museum ). In 1930, she created an "Anglo-Japanese" garden.

My castle is visitable

Opening of the visits

From 01/04/2017 14:00 to 01/11/2017 18:00

Opening of the 2017 season from Saturday 1st of April to Wednesday 1st of November, only on weekends and public holidays from 14h to 18h.

The castle is closed in July and August, while the park remains open on weekends and holidays from 14h to 18h.

Guided tours of the castle take place at 14:30, 15:30, 16:30 and 17:30 (except in July and August).

The tea room La Foulerie welcomes you every afternoon opening until 18:30.

Prices
Normal price: € 9.50
Reduced rate for VMF members
Reduced price: € 7.50
Young rate: Free for children under 13

Member since

  • Phone
  • Mail address
  • Identity Card / Passport
  • Already rent

Spoken languages: French