On the Route Jacques Coeur, the castle of La Verrerie dates back to 1422 when King Charles VII gave the County of Aubigny Jean Stuart, Earl of Darnley, Connétable of Scotland in recognition of his good and loyal services during the Hundred Years War Years, in the battle against the English.
At the end of the 15th century, Béraud Stuart, grandson of Jean Stuart, erected the main building between the chapel and the "Renaissance" gallery built in 1525 by his son-in-law, Bayard's companion in arms.
A small glass factory, located at the edge of the lake but demolished in 1815, inspired the name "La Verrerie".
In 1842, the castle and the lands of Aubigny are bought by Léonce de Vogüé, grandfather of the current owners.
Since 1993, Count Béraud de Vogüé and his family, back from Canada and the United States, have taken over the family business.