The castle of Mirville is composed of a central part dating from the XVIth century and two extensions: one of the early nineteenth and the other of 1900. Its last famous occupant was Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the Modern Olympic Games and back little son of the Marquis de Mirville, well known for his works on spiritualism.
The castle is remarkable for its typically Norman facades in flint, brick and stone, ornamented with mullioned windows. Its slate roof of Angers rests on an oak frame of origin. The castle is surrounded by a 15 hectare partially wooded park which includes a one hectare vegetable garden, a pond and a canal encircling the building.
A few dozen meters from the castle we find a "feudal mound", a remnant of a typical habitat of the region in the eleventh century. A partial reconstruction and exposed plans allow visitors to understand the structure of this construction. The pond around the castle is fed by a source of pure water known since Roman times.