Thard castle

58370, Onlay
  • Rental

Introduction

South of the town of Onlay and on a hillside, Château de Thard is in the center of a large property. It dates from the 15th century: it was Jean de Perrigny who gave a count in 1442.

History and famous characters

South of the town of Onlay and on a hillside, Château de Thard is in the center of a large property. It dates from the 15th century: it was Jean de Perrigny who gave a count in 1442.
Then, by his daughter Marguerite, it belongs to Leonard de la Menue who claimed to be lord of Thars, Saint-Péreuse and Saint Loup According to Baudiau. It was a moving seigniory of the castellany of Moulins Engilbert and the Mérimée base quotes it as former fief of the count of Nevers.
This stronghold of the castellany of Moulins-Engilbert has, according to the topographic dictionary of the Nièvre of 1865, changed spelling many times in history: Thard (1512), Tars (1731), Thart (1761), Late ( 1792) and again Thard today.
Over the centuries it belongs to families Martin in the sixteenth, Alloury and Valley Gondier in the seventeenth and again to the Martin family in the eighteenth century who recovered the domain through Jean Martin de Thard ( [xxxxxxx] ), lord of Thard in Nivernais, councilor and procurator of the King in the chatellenie of Glenne.
Later, at the end of the century, his descend Jean Marie Martin will play a role during the Revolution. In fact, the Martin de Tard who represent the parish of Onlay in the States General of 1789 and other subsequent assemblies, did not emigrate, and paid in 1793 their tribute to the Revolution.
In the nineteenth century the Manor of Thard will become the property of Pascual Moreno de Mora, whose family, established in Paris, is of Andalusian origin of the high nobility of Spain. During one of his many forays into Bourbonnais Pascual Moreno de Mora met Marie Antoinette Martin de Thard with whom he married in 1847.
He settled in Moulins where he acquired a mansion (now called Hotel de Mora and became Youth Illustration Museum) and at the same time, through his marriage, became owner of the Château de Thard where there undertake major redevelopment work, consistent with his personal and family ambitions.
Finally, in the twentieth century the family Villequetout becomes owner in 1890 by the marriage of Jules Louis de Villequetout with Marie-Jeanne Moreno de Mora. The manor remains in this family from father to son until the fifties.
Later it will pass to the family Touraud and later, in 1985, to Dr. André Dalloz Bourguignon who will exert the mesotherapy in his field. In January 2013, new owners of Swiss and Spanish origin acquired them.

Member since

Contact
  • Phone
  • Mail address
  • Identity Card / Passport
  • Already rent

Spoken languages: French