Château de Valleroy

70000, Vallerois-le-Bois

Introduction

The castle, whose oldest elements date back to the 14th century, was successively the property of Montrost and Vaudrey. The sixteenth century saw several construction campaigns (gatehouse giving access to the farmyard, large dungeon and its guardhouse) and the reshuffling of the west facade of the main building, which bears the imprint of the Comtoise Renaissance as the turret staircase serving the floors.

Sold as national property in 1794, the building, shared between several owners, is experiencing a long period of degradation, which tries to stop, in the 1960s, the painter Pierre Jouffroy. Since 1990, the current owners have carried out a large-scale restoration.

Member since

  • Phone
  • Mail address
  • Identity Card / Passport
  • Already rent

Spoken languages: French