In the heart of Normandy, the castle of Versainville rises in the middle of a park with secular trees. We enter the main courtyard by an iron gate that dates from Louis XIV.
A large main building is connected to a gallery, which ends on the left a pavilion; "
H. Soulange-Bodin (The castles of Normandy)
Its construction was decided by François-Joseph de Marguerit in the 18th century.
In 1888, Gildippe de Versainville-Odoard, designated heiress, married in Versainville, Count Pierre de La Rochefoucauld, Duke of La Roche-Guyon.
This is their third son, Count Bernard de La Rochefoucauld, born in 1901, who will inherit the castle, the death of his maternal grandmother in 1936.
In the aftermath of the Second World War, in a complex estate context, the castle and park of Versainville, largely stripped of their content, are taken over by the Ford car group, then by the PSA Peugeot-Citröen group.
The year 2002 saw the return of La Rochefoucauld to Versainville, with the purchase of the property by the descendants of Count Jacques de La Rochefoucauld, brother of Bernard.