Castle of Villersexel

70110, Villersexel

Introduction

Rebuilt in the eighteenth century by the family of Grammont, who became owner of the lordship in 1699, the castle was ravaged by fire during the battle of Villersexel, in January 1871. Having benefited from war damage, the Marquis de Grammont appealed to the architect Eugène Danjoy who designs the plans for a vast brick and stone castle of Louis XIII style, whose shell was completed in 1887. The interior fittings, which continue until the 1890s, borrows from different styles, in the great tradition of eclecticism.

Member since

  • Phone
  • Mail address
  • Identity Card / Passport
  • Already rent

Spoken languages: French