« It is not the most famous of the Loiret castles, and yet it is probably one of the most elegant. The Pont-Chevron castle was built between 1897 and 1900 near Ouzouer-sur-Trézée, in the Giennois, by Louis d'Harcourt. »
In the Middle Ages, the Chevron family had built a castle on an island in the middle of the pond, connected to the earth by a stone bridge. It was Count Louis d'Harcourt who built the present castle in 1897 and gave the name Pont-Chevron to the estate in memory of the Chevron family.
Throughout the last century, Pont-Chevron has hosted illustrious guests, such as Queen Amélie of Portugal, King Alphonse XIII of Spain, the greats of this world, military, businessmen, President of the Republic, ministers...
Count Louis d'Harcourt, a diplomat in Asia and Europe, brought back many memories and friendships from around the world. His Wife née Lanjuinais is the direct descendant of Jean-Denis Lanjuinais, one of the editors of the Constitution of the year II and one of the most illustrious man of law of the early 19th century. Today, the Count and Countess Jean de La Rochefoucauld, descendants of Count Louis d'Harcourt, passionately perpetuate the life of Pont-Chevron.